Saturday 8 January 2011

Possible Choice/s for Music

Here is my first choice of music, Beethoven's 7th Symphony, 2nd Movement (Allegretto), which the first piece I actually had in mind when thinking of the story andcreating the animatic.

First Choice of Music from sam webber on Vimeo.



The second piece that came to mind was from Neil Gaimans book inspired film, Mirrormask,a film that really inspired me lots in my ideas for my own short film. This is Iain Bellamy's Mrs Bagwell's Rhumba.

Music Choice from sam webber on Vimeo.



Another great piece is by Thomas Newman, entitled Drive Away from the film, A Series of Unfortunate Events. This was another inspiring film for me and so this music, along with being a great piece, seemed to just slide into place.

Music Choice from sam webber on Vimeo.



From The Brothers Bloom, The Faces song Im losing you became an instant favourite of mine. I have added it to this list for simply being completely different from any of the other pieces that I have uploaded. It has potential as the piece for my film, although it will need to be cut and edited back together to come to a workable formation.

Music Choice from sam webber on Vimeo.



After re-watching the film, The Road, I was attracted to the haunting and yet elegant soundtrack that adds a lonely and isolated feel to the feel, not like the visual does not do this however. One piece in particular that really spoke to me was the piece called, The Road. The soundtrack was performed by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis.

Possible Music Choice from sam webber on Vimeo.



Atticus Ross' soundtrack for The Book of Eli, is also a possibility. The haunting, yet elegant essence in the music is effective, and could work well over my piece. The Journey from The Book of Eli

Possible Music Choice from sam webber on Vimeo.



Panoramic from The Book of Eli also by Atticus Ross

Possible Music Choice from sam webber on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment