Wednesday 12 January 2011

Other jobs that will need to be considered...

For the production of the short film, I have ultimately taken on the role of...well everything. As the production group is me alone, I have had the responsibility of every aspect of the film. This is a lot of work to do alone although I am pleased to work alone as I have more freedom in what I achieve and produce, and there is much less restrictions in the way of working with other peoples expectations and input, as you can tell I was not to keen on working in a group at AS.

For the filming of the piece however, I will need to call upon outside help to control cameras, lights and other things such as the curtains on the stage. I will be directing and so I will not be able to control the lights and other things as I will be to busy dictating where people are supposed to stand.

I can get around some areas of the production, editing for example will be done by me, along with directing producing and creating the story etc. But for the other jobs I will use the excess actors/actresses which are not acting to operate my equipment. I will also call another couple of people I know to help out with the piece.

One thing I had the idea of doing while filming anything for the film, was to have somebody else with their own handheld camera, to move around the set/location and film the filming process, so that afterwards I can evaluate not only the film but the process behind it. This will also allow me to analyse peoples performances that are not acting, and also see my own technique and style of directing, so that I can improve on it.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea about getting someone else to film you and what's happening whilst you are filming. I think it will be a good idea to help you see what your directing skills are like, I may well try it out myself : )

    ReplyDelete