Friday 21 January 2011

Making the gun shot

I needed to fit in shooting Nik somewhere in my film...just a shame Lauren will be doing it not me.

The shot in which the unnamed female kills the man that killed Jack was always going to be a fun part to shoot. Now that I actually want him to be shot, I am going to have so much fun filming it.

I have found various clips online that show how to create a successful clip of somebody getting shot and the bullet impact creating a blood explosion from the impact. The best video, and most easiest to understand is posted below.

The gun shot will also need to have sound, so I will be looking to an online, free and downloadable effects website, where I can download a convincing gun shot sound.

IndyMoguls video for gun shot effect from sam webber on Vimeo.



The method of using a pest spray to create the pressure for the blood to be shot out, it quite expensive let alone how much everything else will cost. This however was not the method that is in the video above, this was another video walkthroughs main equipment piece. This bottle version will be a lot cheaper and will actually create less power for the final explosion, which will be more realistic and believable than that of the pest spray pump which created quite large and over exaggerated blood projectiles.

1 comment:

  1. I like this simple yet effective idea, good luck to ya ;)

    ReplyDelete