Tuesday 11 January 2011

New idea for method of filming...

A new idea that I have had for filming one shot in my short film, probably the opening shot of the opening of the curtains or the zoom toward it, is to create my own structure from which the camera can be set upon to film from.



The idea is to take two hula hoops, the plastic version not the crisp, and bind them together with the camera in the middle. The idea is so that as the hula hoops turn role forward the camera will role with it, looking toward the stage, then the back of the hall, then the roof, then the stage etc.


The Process

I manageed to find two, fairly reasonably priced hula-hoops, and also some planks of wood in the shed that were the diameter of the hoop. Cutting the wood to fit just inside of the hoop, I then cut two sections out of the wood so that they could be slotted together to form a cross like structure. Drilling holes into the eight corners of the pieces of wood, I fastened the wood to the hoops and pullt everything together tighter to create the structure for filming on, which is photographed below.




No comments:

Post a Comment