Tuesday 16 November 2010

Plan / Do / Review

Thursday 18th November.

I am planning to begin constructing a layout for my magazine review, from the research that I will be conducting into how 'Empire' and 'Total Film' magazine both write their reviews and how they lay them out online and offline.

From this research, I should be able to get an idea of the best formula to creating a review and will therefore be able to adapt my ideas into a successful review of my film.


Review.
In the lesson I was able to read an EMPIRE and TOTAL FILM magazine review, and also begin to break down the fundamental structure of the magazines reviews.

I have also been guided to look closer at small independent review magazines, mostly the art and music ones. Norfolk has very few artistic/creative magazines with the exception of 'Outline', which seems to focus mainly on music rather than film, although they do showcase no and upcoming work of music, art and film creators. London's 'Timeout' magazine will be another to look at, as it is a fairly underground magazine which looks at local creative talent.

1 comment:

  1. make sure that you takes photos of all the different steps in your layout and upload them.. alsobe very experimental in technique - use calloage/cutouts and sketchesoftypography/lettering/images/taxt blocks etc and arrange them in playful,post-modern and traditional layouts beforephotographing them and annotating the uploaded images - remember to reference style/signifier/distribution and target audience in your comments

    ReplyDelete