Tuesday 30 November 2010

Effects Models and NRS Social Grade

The simplest way to further a specified target audience, is too look at the effects model and NRS social grade. As I previous stated my intended target audience would be that of socially educated and art acknowledged lifestyle. The effects model below is an excellent way of understanding the psychological consmption that each individual will be a part of when consuming medias. The main intention that I would have for my audience, is that the would definately not be a hypodermic audience, and would not passively absorb every message given to them like a sponge, I want people to watch my film who can decipher the various images in their own individual ways and with their own intentions, i.e. if they want to believe certain aspects they can and if not they do not. This in mind, the main theory would be reception theory that I am hoping that my audience would apply to. The reception theory allows the audience to elicit their own meanings from the text from personal cultural and social issues. Also the obstinate audience theory is hugely influential on my intentions, as I do not wish for the receiver to just believe everything they see and accept it, I want them to interpret every shot differently and with their own individual twist.
It is hard to put a class boundary on your film as all classes will undoubtedly be free to watch the film when attending the cinema, if they happen to be watching the film my short is positioned in front of, but also online. The more likely class boundaries that my film would be aiming at would be lower middle class to middle class, as these are the boundary audiences that the film exhibitioners that I am targetting my film to be shown at, target their products at. Also the higher educated audience in bands B and C1, although hugely stereotypical as this may be the boundaries prove that the higher earners are better educated, these will be the more understanding of an art based/art contextual based short film which explores film making and style rather than plotline and character depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment