Friday 1 October 2010

Thriller

The thriller genre is definetely the genre I wish to follow. I instantly know most of the conventions of the genre, and it fits everything that my initial ideas want to become.

The research below leads onto the thriller conventions post later on, but the research was to see what people expected from a thriller. This would help me understand what is intended, to make my piece look and follow thriller convention.

I can see here that the top three points which are most recognisable in thrillers, from the twenty individuals I asked, are; 1. Suspense, tension and anxiety. 2. Psychological, mind warping, confusing plot. 3. Realistic gritty characters with faults.

Leading on from here I can adapt the expectations either completely into my own piece, or possibly break convention and not create what the normal convention and expectation of a thriller would be.



No comments:

Post a Comment